An Extensive List Of Things I've Done

Feb 6, 2012

My performing and creating "hiatus" is officially officially officially OVER.  Some of you may be asking, "You were on hiatus?"  To which I would respond, "YES.  And it was HORRIBLE."  Sometimes I get overwhelmed by having so much stuff to do. This is usually a result of my lack of planning ahead.  You know that saying, "If it weren't for the last minute, I'd get nothing done?"  I hate that saying, but it's kinda my M.O.  TILL NOW.

I've been pretty good within the past couple of months at looking ahead at least a month and planning my Twin Cities world domination... which is how I completely pwned the Rockstar Storyteller Sexy Fun-Time Romance N Stuff show last night.  I had been making my lists and checking them 19 times (because I forget I've already checked them 18 times).  I made sure I had almost all the ducks (the pretty ones) in a row by Saturday night so that I could go enjoy some improv at Huge.  And on Sunday morning, I woke up with just a few finishing touches for that evening's show and accomplished them with plenty of time to work with one of the Annas from CMC&TDC on a recording of a song we'll be releasing at the end of this month.   And the whole process of setting up the show at the theater was so relaxing.  I also had our magic tech on my side, who never fails to be an expert professional.   We had five amazing storytellers on the show*, Me & The Curls played 4 songs including the killer "Safe Words" (How will I ever top this???), The Leading Man** and a few others provided hilarious or poignant videos for breaks in the live action, and we raffled off three books donated generously to us by The Smitten Kitten.

There's no drama in this post, just ass-kicking.  We had a great show.  An overflowing handful of people approached to congratulate me on a job well-done.  Everything felt great.  And then someone gave us tape in the dressing room:


The two Annas and me, photo by Tom Reed, courtesy of Anna W.


Joseph Scrimshaw, David Mann, Rob Callahan, Laura Bidgood, and Tom Reed!
** the nickname for my current boyfriend, who is also my ex-boyfriend from college, who moved from California to Minnesota to be with me.  Just like in a romantic comedy.  Hence... The Leading Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it short or get your own blog.