An Extensive List Of Things I've Done

May 1, 2012

You're A Good Man Albert Brown

XTC is my favorite band of all time.  Partially because they're an amazing group and partially because I'm lazy. I discovered XTC when I was 17.  I absorbed as much of their discography as I could, borrowing "English Settlement" on cassette from my "favorite ex-boyfriend David Sayers" (he will probably not ever not be known as my favorite ex-boyfriend, even though my actual favorite ex-boyfriend is now my current boyfriend.  If your mind has not yet exploded, please keep reading).  I borrowed "Rag & Bone Buffet" from the Yorba Linda Public Library.  "Looking for Footprints" turned my mind inside out.  "Take This Town" was the rally cry my suburban teenage soul called out for.  "Extrovert" was my fucking theme song.

A few years later, I somehow stumbled upon The Dukes of Stratosphear, which is just XTC under a different name (and a more psychedelic rock sound, less new wave punk turned folk rock... if that's how you would describe it.  I no longer purport to be a music expert).  I just saw this video for the first time and it's given me a whole new appreciation for the song, "You're A Good Man, Albert Brown."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it short or get your own blog.